Do you want to know about the best vitamin D foods?
Few of the natural foods contain vitamin D but it is the only nutrient which is produced by your body when exposed to sunlight. You can’t get enough of this only from the sun so the best sources food includes fatty fish, egg yolks, animal liver, and fish oils, in fact, you can also get it from fortified foods. Some of the natural best vitamin D foods include:
- Salmon– wild salmon contains 988 IU in 3.5ounce serving while farmed salmon are having 250 IU of vitamin D.
- Sardines– sardines are having 272 IU of vitamin D in one serving.
- Tuna (canned)- has 236 IU of vitamin D in a 5-ounce serving. Also gives you vitamin K and niacin.
- Cod liver oil– it is the best vitamin D supplement, contains 450 IU/teaspoon and prevents you from this vitamin deficiency.
- Oyster– it has lots of nutrients and low in calories and contains 320 IU/3.5ounces serving. It also contains vitamin B12, zinc, and
- Shrimps– it is low in fat and has omega-3 fatty acids which give you 152 IU/serving of vitamin D.
- Egg yolk– indoor raised chickens are not rich in vitamin D and contain 18-39 IU/egg yolk. While the chickens raised by having vitamin D enriched feed contains 6000 IU/egg yolk.
- Mushrooms– the only plant which is the source of vitamin D and produces vitamin D2. It contains 2300 IU/3.5 ounce serving of vitamin.
- Fortified foods– the natural products which are fortified with vitamin D are:
- Soy milk– it contains almost 99-119 IU of vitamin D per cup.
- Cow’s milk– having 130 IU/ cup of vitamin D, it also contains riboflavin, calcium and phosphorous.
- Orange juice– taking one cup of orange juice in your breakfast gives you 142 IU of this vitamin.
- Oatmeal and cereal– half cup of cereal or oatmeal contains 55-154 IU of vitamin D.
What are the best Vitamin D supplements?
According to the studies, adults need 600 IU of vitamin D every day while people above 70 requires 800 IU, it varies according to the age. You can get it from the diet, sunlight, and supplements to meet the need of your body. Sometimes your body does not get enough of vitamin D from the diet (do not exceed 288 IU per day) then they added supplements to supply near 600 IU of the vitamin to your body. The people who have less exposure to the sunlight also needs the supplements as the sun is the best source to get this vitamin. So, visit your doctor they will recommend you the best vitamin D supplements which are in a different form such as vitamin D tablets, capsules, injections etc. Several supplements to get enough of this are:
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW D3
- Solaray Vitamin D3
- Nature’s Way Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 benefits
Vitamin D is a fat=soluble vitamin which will help your body to absorb phosphorous and calcium. These are important to build and keep your bones strong. Vitamin D3 benefits you to get the risk of heart disease, cancer etc, which are as follow:
Fight with different disease
As vitamin D plays an important role in reducing and preventing you from getting different diseases such as:
- To reduce the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Lower the risk of getting heart disease.
- Helps you to fight against flu.
- Reducing the risk of cancer and diabetes also.
- Control your blood pressure
This vitamin plays an essential role in helping your depression and regulating mood. If you are vitamin D deficient then you may have lots of mood swings, feeling depressed and anxiety which will be lessened by taking the supplements.
Boosts weight loss
By taking vitamin D and calcium supplements, you can lose your weight. As studies show that these supplements have an appetite-suppressing effect. So if you want to lose weight then add these supplements in your daily routine.
Boost up your immunity
Your body needs to fight against pathogens include viruses and germs and for that, the cells require vitamin D3 to make up your immune system. It will boost up your immunity which can fight against different infections while those who have insufficient vitamin D3 may get sick.
Strengthen your bones
As vitamin D3 helps to absorb phosphorous and calcium which will keep your bones healthy and strong. Your body also needs this for the formation and growth of the bone, if it does not get enough amount of these, you may get the chance of osteoporosis and fractures.